online jobs

Sunday, August 2, 2009

12 months to go

One year of preparation isn't exactly my cup of tea. I've always been the crammer. But when you have a fiance who's more organized than you are then you'd better get your act together.

I've been engaged for months. And we just started planning this July after we decided that we are going to get married July 10, 2010. Finally, the date is set and it pushed me to be serious with planning...hopefully, not too serious. Well, you'll be the judge.

At the beginning of the month, we bought wedding magazines which I think are not much help because by next year, the trend would've changed. Still, we wanted to know what was "in" for 2009. The motif for 2009 was red and yellow. Uh..No. Not my style. I promised myself that no one, absolutely no one, will dictate the color motif of my wedding but myself. Then we looked at dresses. We searched the internet too. I saved images of dresses that I liked. My fiance also gave me ideas on what he likes on me. Of course, I wanted to take his breath away when he sees me at the other end of the aisle. That is my moment after all. We went to a designer. Well, I didn't have much of a choice because my fiance and his parents are paying for my dress. Hehehe Thank goodness that the designer and I got along well right away. He did sketches for me and my entourage (which is still also a blurry part of the wedding plan) after I gave him ideas on what I want. I like his designs on the entourage and I wished I was part of the entourage instead of being the bride. Anyway, I had chosen a color motif which I will keep as a secret. No fun when it's out as early as now.

We also went around different churches in hopes of blocking the date for our wedding. Our efforts proved futile because they don't allow reservations this early. Some were not taking us seriously because they think we are too excited and just waved us off. At least we are doing it because we WANT to get married and not because we HAVE to. However, reservations are done six months before the date. Well then there's nothing we could do but wait.

Like any other couple, we wanted our day to be extra special. And so, we go to extra lengths of preparation. We've already gone to different photographers and/or videographers, events organizers, florists, makers and printers of invitations. There aren't much choices in Davao City. We even opted to outsource to other cities like Cebu and Manila but their asking price is too high for out-of-town events. Luckily, we have found pretty outstanding suppliers here after much searching around the city. We didn't do booking yet instead, we just asked them to give us first priority when the situation arises that another couple wants to book on the same day as ours. It's better to be sure.

We also did our guest list. I'm sure there will be changes upto the very last minute of printing the invitations. As of today, we've reached an approximation of 450 guests. And there's only one venue in Davao that fits this many people. I have to say goodbye to garden wedding or beach wedding dreams. Unless one of us wins the lottery some time this year, it's going to be another typical reception venue. But then, who cares as long as the people I really care for will be there.

So far, our wedding plans are coming along. The succeeding months will probably just zoom by. I hope that I will not be a bridezilla but then again, maybe it would be groomzilla this time. That would make this wedding more interesting. We'll soon find out.

4 comments:

  1. all thanks to you... mwah :* :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nazh, bakit walang option dito on email notification for succeeding comments? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete