online jobs

Sunday, August 30, 2009

She's All That




I love romantic comedies especially the ones that make me giddy all over like a teeny-bopper (who uses teeny-bopper these days? LOL). Such is the movie I just finished viewing and after 10 years (yes, it's been that long), the giddy-ness is still there. And why wouldn't it be? With a yummy cast of Freddie Prinze, Jr. (Zach Siler), Rachel Leigh Cook (Laney Boggs...what is she up to now?) and Paul Walker (Dean Sampson). Also in the film are R&B artists Usher Raymond as the Campus D.J. and Kimberly "Lil Kim" Jones. Most of the members of the cast are known if not famous which makes She's All That, all that.

What I rave most in the movie is the simplicity of the plot and how spot-on the movie was to the real highschool scene. Any highschool in the whole planet has their own set of populars whom we all wanted to be and some succeeded and of course, the unpopulars whom many of us were and may still be. The whole plot revolves around Zach who made a bet with Dean, after being dumped by his girlfriend, that he can turn anyone Dean picks from the entire school female population into Prom Queen. And the lucky pick is Laney Boggs, the oddball in their art class. After spending tons of time with Laney, Zach found himself falling for her and vice versa until everything got messed up like how messed up high school should be.

It's a wonderful movie to be nostalgic with. Especially when I reminisce about my own giddy moments in highschool. I realized how funny and enjoyable that part of my life was. Things were simple back then and how I wish I could go back in time and do it all over again. But then I just have to settle for a movie rerun and channel my inner teeny-bopper.

Kiss Me... beneath the milky twilight...
Lead Me... out on the moonlit floor...
La...la-la-la...la-la-la...la-la-la
*blushes*

No comments:

Post a Comment