online jobs

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Proposal

This is not a review of Sandra Bullock's latest movie. This is a recount of an ordinary Sunday turned extraordinary. This is me, reliving the day I got proposed to by the guy who never makes my life dull and who always puts a smile on my face.

It all started like any group of friends who likes to go on an adventure. On March 22, 2009, we went to Outland Adventure at
Ma-a Diversion Road to try our luck at The Xcelerator. It's the fastest zipline as of today in the city. It's reason enough to ride it. Little did we know that it's not the Xcelerator that we came for.


When we arrived, we were briefed on safety tips and what to expect on the entire journey. There would be a 1
0-minute trek towards a river that we have to cross by raft. Then another trek up towards the platform where the start of the zipline is. Of course there were second thoughts. I was in the point of giving up 'cause I AM afraid of heights. But what the hey, I do not want to be left alone while they were having fun ziplining. And so we got into our safety gear--helmet,harness,prayers. They made us sign a waiver and gave us numbers to know who goes first and who goes next. My boyfriend and I got the last two numbers. And the journey began.



When we arrived at the platform, we took a few minutes to catch our breath and take some photos (SOP). We still managed to smile and pose even though we were so tired from the trek. Then, the moment has come to face The Xcelerator. But I guess for my boyfriend, riding that was the least of his worries. I saw the guys get strapped and zipped down the line like Superman while the girls did the sitting position. Then, it was my turn. I opted for the sitting position too. With a digital camera set on video, I zipped that freaking line of hell. I wasn't able to enjoy the scenery 'cause I closed my eyes the first few seconds and I was looking through the viewfinder of the cam.



Surprise, surprise! As I reached the end of the line, there were our friends. They were particularly happy and I didn't understand why at first. Then I saw the message on the ground. That was when I knew. I didn't know how to react. I didn't freak out too. I was more dumbstruck. As I waited for the crew to get me down, my mind was a complete blank. The crew didn't let me off yet. I'm still strapped to a line. After a few minutes, I saw my boyfriend coming towards the end of the line, doing a Superman and holding something in one arm and unraveled it once he reached the end.

No questions asked. Again, I was dumbstruck and just stood there. I guess he already knows what I'm going to say. He did this for me and I wouldn't have asked for anything more. Only three people knew about this. My boyfriend and his two friends. I applaud them for a great job and a wonderful surprise to many of us there.

Now, it's up to my fiance and me to plan a perfect wedding (perfect enough for us, at least).

2 comments:

  1. waaaahhh.... i am teary-eyed after reading this! nakakainggit! and ang sarap ma-in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..

    great proposal!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete