online jobs

Monday, August 3, 2009

Jack



I just watched 1/4 of the movie, Jack at StarWorld. I sat through the final moments because after all this years, it's still such a great movie and I still held back tears.

It's about a boy named Jack who was born with a unique aging disorder that makes him age four times faster than a normal person. And to make things more interesting, he goes to a public school by the age of 10 (well, 40 in his case). I got school troubles by the age of 10, what more for a 10-year-old boy in a 40-year-old body? But we also have a similar experience which is a difficulty fitting in. I was a year advanced in my schooling and I had a hard time fitting in with kids older than me because well, they think more "maturely" ; Jack is bigger than the rest of the kids, older-looking, hairier and probably looks scary to his classmates which makes it hard for him to fit in. But we both went on with our lives and dealt with it (after thinking about giving up).

The movie gives hope. It sends a message of being always positive in difficult times and to do our best in everything. I especially like the part when Jack's private tutor said, "You are not regular because you are spectacular". I agree. We are not Regular Joes. There is a Spectacular Jack in each one of us. It is up to us to let it shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment